Today more than ever we all need to step away from our fast-paced world - away from looking constantly at screens and social media, and away from our crazy routines. It is so easy to get caught up in work and the daily necessary tasks that we can forget who we really are and how we best to look after ourselves. Taking time outside of normal life will give you the opportunity to see how hard you have been working, help you to connect with the real you, create new healthy habits and even remind you of the creative side you have hidden!
Retreats are designed to to just this. How? Consider the following:
1. Step away from your stresses. The best thing you can do to de-stress is to turn off all your digital devices and do something completely different. The world is full of opportunities and you never know what magical experience awaits you. Find your own way to de-stress from this digital world by choosing a retreat that is productive as well as proactive, such as photography, cycling, art, books, camping, surfing, walking, yoga & meditation, exercise & nutrition to name but a few. Retreats are a great way to learn something brand new that you may not otherwise have tried.
2. Being your best self. Amazing things happen when you step out of your comfort zone. Health and fitness retreats expand you both internally and externally. You connect with your body more than ever before, exercising and stretching parts of your body you didn’t know you had! Clarity of thought through movement, education and complete physical and mental relaxation restores energy and clarity of mind. By taking a step in a different direction can help you see your path more clearly.
3. The effects on your body are wonderful. You refresh, invigorate and heal your mind and body. Your immune system is boosted via healthy eating, less stress and sufficient rest. Your spirit is lifted through doing something new and different.
4. New friends are formed. A lot of people go on retreats by themselves, so you will meet with others who are in a similar boat to you. New experiences can foster new relationships with people from all over the world who have similar interests as yourself. You can connect with a new group of friends - become part of a new tribe!
5. Retreats can change your outlook on yourself. Your first day on a retreat can seem quite daunting, but it won’t take long before you feel comfortable with your surroundings and your fellow inmates.
Getting used to, perhaps, a new way of eating - whether it be paleo, ketogenic, zone, plant-based to name but a few - can make you feel so much more lively and healthier. Your hair and skin will thank you for it and your body will begin to crave healthy whole food instead of sugar and processed food. Whole food fuels your body and your mind.
6. Getting used to daily exercise routines - after the initial waking up of your muscles, your body will begin to want to move and stretch. Using muscles that may be weak or tight will give you a completely different feeling about your body and that negativity will go flying out the window, being replaced with positivity and determination to succeed. It’s also great for strengthening your bones.
7. What happens after a retreat? Well, that is entirely up to you, but you will have the ammunition you need to continue with a healthier, more positive, lifestyle. You may initially need to have others to help you continue on the path you have chosen and hold you accountable to keep you progressing, but there are many clubs and groups that do just that. HealthMentors is just one of them. Eating whole foods and exercise will benefit your body and mind - you will be in a great position to reset your habits to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Retreats, whether they be health and fitness or learning a new skill, will hep you to learn more about yourself. You stretch your boundaries, step out of your comfort zone, make new friends, overcome fears and become alive with a newness of mind so that when you return home, your mind has had a change. This change opens up a newness to life that changes your world - especially how you feel about yourself.
A retreat can transform your life more than you know.
HealthMentors offers nutrition and fitness retreats, plus a service in which you can find out what other retreats are available that suit your needs, so whatever type of retreat you need, please give us a call.